Tuesday 5 May 2009

In Between The Gates Of Eden

You'll travel your soul
Roam and roam
Forget the way home
It's a song
You can dance
I'll see you when you get there
Never a goodbye
Unfashionable clothes
The slipstream of childhood
The regrets we made
The songs we wore
As war went on
It's a time capsule
That holds us together
Apart we stand
Each other in awe
I awake myself
I head off to work
My life is complete
A word I write
I song I sink
A bird I free
Flutters in the wind
My chest heaves
My life concedes
I whisper a secret lie
I tell no one my alibi
There's no one to hear
Our secret conquest
The year nears
The year that beckons nears
Two rivers
The Euphrates
The Tigris
Elephants and tigers
Will you come home?
Together we shall stay apart
The long and the lack
An unquestionable remark
I fail my seed
I take thee as a spouse
A wrinkled worm
The word of the lost
Is here forever
I stand beside you
Before the Gates of Eden
I stand beside you
As you enter
The Gates of Eden
I stand
Behind you
By the Gates
Of Eden

No comments: