Friday 3 July 2009

Captured By Freedom

Last night
Left someone else's taste
In my mouth
I wonder where all the words have gone?
How can the universe fade
And regrow
From moment to moment?
How can instants be lost
More easily than change?
Do you have a dime for me mister?
I forgot all about money
When I was kissing your lips
Though now I rememer who paid the bill
It doesn't matter
I remember it now
It were your eyes that took me hostage
Your eyes that kept me warm
Your eyes that held me
Through night's embrace
How I miss the hours I cannot recall
I want back every second I had with you
I want to let go
On my own terms
I want to let go
With common consent
An agreement between me and the universe
Don't get involved
It's going to get nasty
But I'm looking forward to it
Or backwards on it
This is it
Our last goodbye to memory
Give me what I want
And I will leave you alone
But if you don't
Then I'll have to stay
Until you do
And I do

No comments: