Thursday 9 July 2009

Our Last Goodbye To Memory

I asked god for the receipt
He was being stubborn
So I pulled out my gun
Shot twice
In the heart
But I forgot he had three
So he stood there
Waiting for me
To say something, I’m sure
Or even reload
If I had more bullets
I quit and left the store
I said
I’m not coming here no more
He said
I think you’re wrong
You’ve left something on the floor
I ran back
He locked the door
But he didn’t call for the paramedics
Funny
I said
But no more
He said
What have you got to hide?
Don’t you want to finish what you’ve started?
What about starting what I’ll finish?
Is that the right answer?
You keep asking the wrong questions
How am I to know?
Oh yeah, I forgot
You’re a figment
I’m just the spur of the moment
That never stopped me from going
Here to there
Somewhere
Maybe I’ll be cold when I’m old
Maybe I’ll be dead when I’ve had
All the dreams
And all the hopes
One could hope to dream
From heaven to hell
And back

No comments: